*** IMPORTANT ***
Do not reset your modem unless you have been advised to do so by a member of the Masiero Team. Also, do not reset your router if you have been advised to reset your modem! Your router is a different piece of equipment that is typically provided by Masiero. The router will look like the photos below:
Resetting your cable internet modem
Your cable modem is supplied by your Internet Service Provider (Spectrum, Optimum, Verizon, etc.) If you have been advised to reset/restart your cable modem, be sure not to reset/restart or modify any other equipment that may be plugged into or around the modem.
To reset your modem, follow the directions below:
- Unplug the power cord from the back of the modem and remove any batteries.
- Wait 30 seconds, then reinsert any batteries and reconnect the power to the modem.
- Wait two minutes to allow the modem to connect. The modem connection lights will be solid.
- Turn on your computer.
- Attempt to surf to two web pages on a computer to verify that you're connected to the internet.
- If you have Masiero Voice phones in your office, be sure to reboot all phones to ensure they are able to function properly.
Note: The equipment pictured is just an example. The steps listed should work correctly for all modem types. The back of your modem may look like one of the photos below.