On your phone, you likely have two options when transferring a call, either blind or attended transfer. Here are the differences:
- An attended transfer is a transfer where before actually transferring to the destination, the call is put on hold and another call is initiated to confirm whether the end destination actually wants to take the call or not. These two calls can then merged together.
- A Blind Transfer is a transfer to another extension without actually initiating a call to the end destination. The call is blindly transferred to the destination.
You can choose between the two on your Grandstream phone by following the directions below:
- When on an active call, hit the Transfer softkey or the Transfer button on your phone.
- Select either Blind or Attended transfer by using the softkeys.
- Dial the number of the person you would like to transfer the call to and hit Transfer. You will then start a call with the person you are going to transfer the call to and the original caller will be placed on hold.
- Once the call is connected, and you have confirmed that the person is able to take the transferred call, hit Transfer to complete the transfer. If the person does not want to take the call, press the Split button to end the call.
- If you hit the Split button, you will be able to resume the call with original caller who was placed on hold. Press the Resume softkey to do this.