To connect to a cloud server or to a remote PC (like when trying to connect to your office computer from home) follow the directions below.
Connecting to Your Remote Desktop
First you will need to install Microsoft’s Remote Desktop Client for the Mac from the Mac App Store.
Remote Desktop Connection (Mac)
Follow these directions to install and run it.
- From the Apple Menu, choose App Store.
- In the search box on the upper right side, type: Microsoft Remote Desktop
- Click Get on the Microsoft Remote Desktop App. The Get button will change to Install App. Click Install App.
- Next you will need to open and run the Microsoft Remote Desktop App. To do this, from Finder, click the Go menu and choose Applications.
- Double click the Microsoft Remote Desktop icon.
- Click the + button to create a new connection.
- Add the following in the next window:
- Connection name. This can be whatever you would like, but should clearly identify what you are connecting to (ie. Work-Cloud, Home, Work-PC, etc.)
- PC Name: This will be given to you by a member of the Masiero Tech Group team.
- Once at the desktop, various software applications are available for use.
Disconnecting from Your Remote Desktop
To disconnect or logoff from the system click the Windows icon in the lower left corner of your desktop. On the next screen up in the right corner click your name, and select Sign out. This will log you off the server and drop the connection.