Installing the OpenVPN client
To download and install the OpenVPN client on a Windows 10, please follow the instructions below.
- Go to the OpenVPN download page here. Download the Installer file for the latest version for Windows 7 or later.
- Open the installer file and follow the instructions to install the client on your computer.
Loading the OpenVPN configuration file
To get the OpenVPN client to work, you will need to load your OpenVPN configuration file provided by Masiero. To do this follow the instructions below.
- Load the OpenVPN configuration file onto your computer. This should be done, if possible, from a secure cloud sharing method, such as Google Drive, Citrix Sharefile, or DropBox.
- Place the file in the folder in one of the locations below:
- C:\Program Files\OpenVPN\config
Running the OpenVPN client
If you would like to connect to a VPN (Virtual Private Network) using the Open VPN software installed by Masiero, please follow the steps below:
- Click on the OpenVPN GUI icon on your desktop. It will look like the icon below. If OpenVPN is already running, you should get a message informing you.
- After initially launching the OpenVPN-GUI program, the GUI icon will be show in the tray, as shown in the image below. Note that this icon can be hidden when marked "inactive" by the OS, so check the expanding arrows to the left of the system tray if it's started but not shown. The icon may look different depending on your version of OpenVPN. Hover your mouse over the icons in the system tray to be able to identify which one is the OpenVPN program.
- Right-clicking on the icon will pull up the context menu. This menu will allow you to connect to the VPN. Select Connect to connect to the VPN.